Due to some software issues not fixing for long time on logdown.com , I decided to finding other blog solutions for hosting my tech blog. After considering several options (Such as Hugo, Ghost, Octopress, Jekyll, Jekyll-Now). The final choice goes to Hugo. Hugo is a popular static website generator which built on top of Golang. The community support is actively. Over 18 thousands stars on Hugo github repository. And Debian/Ubuntu has hugo packages which is very easily for normal user to install.
For migrating to Hugo, I exported all my articles on logdown, which content is served with similar format to Octopress. And then dump all the markdown files into content/post/ folder in newly created hugo repository. Everything went well except two steps were needed.
- I used sed script in  to change date format, otherwise the hugo will print parsing error.
- Remove all the
line in the octopress markdown article
In fact I spent some time (more thant I expected) to select the Hugo theme. At begining none of the themes seems fit my need (Easy setup, Large font, Readibility, Clear article information such as date information).
- Pro: Great design, Great Readibility.
- Cons: Lack of date and tag information in article page. Only summary in front page.
- Pro: Simple. Allow showing full article in index.html.
- Cons: Lack of hugo tag support.
Finally I decided to use hugo-geo theme which is great. And customized hugo-geo by adding my personal wanted features:
- Show date information in article and list pages.
- Show tag information in article
- Show full article in front page.
Customized hugo-geo: https://github.com/swem/hugo-geo
Will file pull request about 1. feature to upstream later. (Which I think might benefit a lot users.)
 I can’t login via facebook account. This feature have been broken for nearly half year. Another feature broken is url auto-generate.